Sunday, January 23, 2011

People of Australia

People awesome in Australia! :)  I have met a lot of people from all over the world, but I have definitely noticed a few key characteristics about the Australians.  I am sure they are not always true, but it is definitely common enough that I have noticed.  First of all, Australians go all out in everything they do.  If they are studying, they study hard.  If they are going out on the town, they go crazy.  They have the ability to focus on certain aspects of their life instead of always focusing on everything.  I do not think Americans are as strong at this.  For example, a lot of fathers have trouble "bringing there work home."  They let their job take over their life.  I hope that I am able to learn from this so I can get better at managing my time.  When I come home to be with my future family, I want them to have all of my attention because they will be to important to me not to. (dad, you are good at this as well!)
The other quality trait that I love is how friendly everyone is here.  It is a lot easier to talk to a random stranger here.  They are excited to meet new people.  For example, today while I was in the weight room, some Australian guy came up and started yelling at me.  He began to say "common!  You can do it mate! There you go!  Three more! Yeah! Good job mate."  This was crazy to me.  If I were to walk up to some guy in a weight room in America, they would probably punch me in the face.
The last quality that I really enjoy is that they love to teach new things.  If you want to learn Cricket, they will teach you or tell you whatever you want to know.  If you want to play beach volleyball, but you are not very talented, they will still ask you to join.  They are patient and open to teach you.  This is a great quality trait and hopefully I can bring this back with me.  The social experience is the most important part of any activity.  Over and out.. :)  I will try to think of a catchy phrase to end each of my posts.  If you have any ideas, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment