Sunday, January 30, 2011

Enjoy everything, rely on nothing...


·       I have recently decided that this is my new way of living life.  I realize I am still young and immature, but I have discovered this in the past couple years.  It is important that we enjoy the blessings that we have received from the Lord, but we need to continually make sure that our happiness or fulfillment does not rely on them.  For example, I discovered that sports was definitely one area of my life that providing happiness.  Sports in it self, is not bad, but the amount of power I gave it was.  My priorities have not always been correct in life.  Without even realizing it, I was getting my fulfillment from many different aspects of my life.  Now that I have recognized my flaw, I am continually trying to make sure that I do not rely on anything “worldly.”  I want to feel happy no matter what the circumstances.  Relying on “worldly” possessions and activities to be happy is giving the Devil too much power.  Life does not always go as expected, so why would you ever want to base your happiness on things of this world.

Okay, the other thing that I have been reading about is the power of your “thoughts.”  It is amazing how much power our thoughts have on our feelings.  The book I am reading helps teach me to let certain thoughts just pass through instead of dwelling on them.  In the past I had a lot of trouble holding onto thoughts that did not benefit me; primary my past mistakes. (some might say I used to be a slight perfectionist) haha  “Our negative thoughts, any thoughts that cause distress and unhappiness, are not worth dwelling on because they take away from our primary goal, a feeling of happiness."  Whatever the circumstance, you have a choice about how you will think about it.  What you think DOES dictate the way you will end up feeling about something.  My goal over the next few months is to develop a thought life that always looks at life in a positive manner.  A lot of stress can be avoided by simply changes your state of mind.


·     

No comments:

Post a Comment