Sunday, January 23, 2011

overwhelming joy :)

I am back!  Let me explain myself.  I grew up being the type of person that was ALWAYS happy.  I had a constant joy and thankfulness for my life.  God has challenged me in a lot of ways these past couple years and I think I lost my constant joy.  I definitely had moments where I was happy, but I think that I was "faking it" a lot more than I did in the past.  It was easier for some people to notice this than others.  Whether it was anxiety about the future, stress about school, or just a bunch of little problems, I let everything add up and begin to bog me down.  It is easy to become complacent in life and fall into these types of moments.  There is never a reason to stress about life.  God is in control, not us.  So why do we let stuff burden us?
This trip was a leap of faith for me and God has already been working in my life.  Separating myself from what I am comfortable with has encouraged me let go of some of the things that I have been so worried about recently.  I am also realizing how important friends are.  I have been focusing on those who make me feel like a "million bucks" and it truly does make me feel "awesome." (as my good friend Barney says)  Life is too short to invest your time in friends who bring ya down.  I miss MN and all my friends, but I am excited to come back a better man; a son of God who is excited for life and excited to spread joy.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment