Friday, January 14, 2011

Mom Jeans!

Okay, so this is a post all about the way people dress in Australia.  All the guys wears singlets. (nice muscle shirts) Literally everyone wears them.  It doesn't matter your age, size, or build, the guys love them. I just purchased one today and I am pumped to rep it tomorrow at the beach. :)  Guys also enjoy the skinny jeans.  That is a purchase that will not be happening.  Men also sport the short shorts.  They are normally quite tight as well.  I am not ashamed of my legs, but I just feel like people don't really need to see them.

Okay, so now on to the girls.  They style is definitely different.  I feel like most of the girls are a decade behind.  The young girls dress like they are old.  It is even more extreme than America!  The biggest difference I have noticed is what I call MOM JEANS.  If you do not know what these are, they are jeans (shorts or pants) that go all the way up to your belly button.  The zipper is like a foot.  The girls will have shorts with their booty hanging out, but yet the shorts go half way up their back.  I don't quite get it, but they girls definitely love them here.  I thought it might help to give you a visual:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLcDZStRjyY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment