Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God is so good!

As I came back home from a great night with some new friends, I fell to my knees and I was overwhelmed with how amazing the Lord is.  I have made so many mistakes yet the Lord has blessed me more than I could ever ask.  A lot of people don't realize how much of a leap of faith I was taking when I decided to go to Australia for four months.  The truth is that it scared me more than anything I had ever done before.  I decided to trust the Lord and try to give him more control over my life and I am so happy I did.  These first couple weeks have already taught me so much about myself: my strengths, my weaknesses, and the opportunities that I have in life.  I admit that it is hard to be away from my family and loved ones, but it is forcing to analyze myself.  I have always been so concerned with "filling" others up that I really have not paid attention to myself.  Each day I feel the Lord filling me up and turning me into a truly better man.
I have always had a terrific life, but that is part of the reason that I became so complacent.  It is definitely a problem when you feel "self sufficient."  Like it says in the Bible, the Lord will spit the "lukewarm" Christians out.  This time here is allowing me to truly strengthen my faith and make sure my faith is my own.  It is easy to "fake it" when you are constantly surrounded by Christians, but that is not the case here in Australia.
In the end, if you are reading this you are someone that I miss dearly right now, but it is that feeling that is pushing me to become a better man.  So for that I thank you!  I love you all and I am grateful for all of you.  Time to go surf! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment