Sunday, March 6, 2011

Slow down, take a look around….

Hmmm why do I constantly fall into a routine?  Why do I always forget to just slow my life down and soak in all the special moments.  My mind analyzes and picks apart every detail of my life.  I love to do things the best I possibly can and do them efficiently.  This can be an extremely good thing, but it also sometimes turns my life into a giant “checklist.”  It is easy to feel like I am constantly working or trying to “check something off my list.”  Life is a journey that is meant to be enjoyed.  As I sit here on a beautiful night in the center of Bond Uni campus overlooking the fountain, I cannot help but be overwhelmed.  It has been a full two months since I left America and yet the thought of being on the other side of the world still amazes me.  Life goes by so fast sometimes that it is hard to even sit back and appreciate your circumstances.  Every minute the Lord has given each of us is a blessing that should be appreciated.  As my very wise father has told me growing up, “each minute of your life is a minute that you cannot get back so take advantage of it.”  Or better yet, “life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.”  Or even better, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”  Or best yet, “You plant corn, you get corn!” (Just kidding wonderful father; I love your wise quotes!)  It is true.  I have a lot of moments in my life that truly take my breath away.  Unfortunately sometimes I let a lot of moments pass without even acknowledges the fact that I am experiencing something amazing.  I know that I sound like a Sunday school teacher when I say this, but I think it is so important to count your blessings every single day.  The more I focus on my blessings, the more I fall deeply in love with the Lord; giver of each of every moment in my life.  It is a insult to the Lord every time you forget to even recognize your blessings.  We deserve nothing, yet still are continually blessed.
Life is a journey. (Definitely still one of my favorite songs!)  Make sure to enjoy each and every experience, victory, failure, laugh, tear, and every type of moment because life is something that is meant to be enjoyed.  Life can be whatever you want it to be. It is your job to start thinking what you want out of life because life is full of opportunities and it is easy to just let them go by.  In the end, all I want to say is thank you everyone for helping bless my life with many unforgettable moments.  I am truly blessed…..

                    Ps I love you Mom and Dad!!  Next month is going to be amazing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment