Sunday, March 20, 2011

Past couple weeks...

A lot has happened since my last blog.  I went to Byron Bay, land of the hippies and amazing swell.  This trip was terrific and it was really fun to experience a totally different culture.  I went with Mitch, Chris, Natalie, Nicole, and Katie.  Mitch and Chris are my fun surfing buddies from Rhode Island and Massachusetts.  No, the one from Massachusetts is no gay. lol  They are for sure two of my closest friends here.  Natalie is just a ball of sunshine right out of California.  Nicole and Katie are both always fun as well due to their worry free attitude.  Katie is actually from Augsburg college in MN which makes me soooo happy.  We will continue to have great times even once we get back to the frozen tundra. 
Byron Bay was definitely not as big and luxurious as surfer’s paradise, but that is why it was so fun.  The hostel we stayed at was sweet.   Let’s just say there were rainbows and hippies everywhere.  I do not agree with everything these people think or do, but I do appreciate the fact that they know how to have a "no worries" type of attitude.   Most of these people are walking around with barely any money yet a lot of happiness.  They appreciate the journey in life.   Sometimes I think that Americans can be overly uptight.  People are so concerned with making money that they forget to enjoy the journey of life. 
Another fun thing I did was go to a true Australian Rugby game.  I watched the Brisbane Reds play the Melbourne Rebels.  The reds stomped them 50-3, but it was still fun to experience a true rugby game.  The environment there was incredible and it was different than your typical American football game.  Hmmm what else did I do?  Rock pools!  These were awesome!  Mom, dad…. We are definitely doing these once you get here.  You can jump off these cliffs or you can go down this natural waterslide.  It was awesome!  I have already talked to some of my Australian friends about taking us!   Although it is not better than bridge jumping at the cabin in the summer… : )
There are a lot more stories that I hope to tell all of you one day, but unfortunately I am a little too overwhelmed with homework to tell you all of them now, but I will update you again soon!  I am going to Melbourne this weekend so I will definitely try and bring back some great stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment