Monday, February 21, 2011

Psalm 26:16-18


“Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.  The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses.  Consider my affliction and my trouble and forgive all my sins.”   

This is one of my new favorite verses.  There is so many different things that I love about it.  Every person can relate to the first verse.  Everyone has at one time felt lonely and afflicted.  That is a part of our human nature.  The world tells us a lot of different ways we can get rid of this feeling, but the truth is that all of the worldly will end up failing to take away ALL of your loneliness.  There have been times in my past where I was surrounded by so many amazing friends yet still went to bed feeling lonely.  I am now on the other side of the world and I miss all of my friends, but I feel less lonely than I ever have.  I recognized my feeling of loneliness and I gave it to the Lord.  He has given me a lot of strength as a man of God.  I have learned to love moments where I am alone because they present opportunities to get closer to the Lord.  A lot of people of this world have a fear of being alone, but I personally think it is nothing to be scared of because you will ALWAYS have the Lord.  Not only is the Lord always there, but he can make you feel more fulfilled and secure than any human could.  Your relationship with the Lord is the one relationship that you can be 100% will never end.  He is always there!

The second part of this verse is also extremely good for me because I tend to stress about a lot of things that don’t matter in the long run.  I give too much attention to the troubles of this world.  It is important that recognize that they are just that, troubles of this WORLD.  None of it is eternal.  I am continually trying to give my concerns over to the Lord because I do not benefit in any way by stressing about something.  No worries mate….  :)

The third part is great because it is asking the Lord to consider what you are going through.  I know the Lord always knows what is happening in your life, but it is nice to recognize the fact that he knows exactly what you are feeling and that he is there for you even when you make mistakes.  This verse helps my view of my relationship with the Lord because it acknowledges the fact that the Lord is not oblivious to my struggles.  He knows when I am struggling and he is there to help me and forgive me for my mistakes.  This is a very comforting thought.  

Shout out to my favorite new Aussie friend Aimee …..  Don’t ever be afraid to flash those pearly white teeth.  Your smile has power!   Tearna, you are a pretty sweet Aussie as well! 



No comments:

Post a Comment