Tuesday, February 8, 2011

People of this world....

Okay, so I am meeting people from literally around the world and I thought I would let you in on a few thoughts.  Hmmm where to start?  Lets start with the Germans!  I have become really good friends with a couple hard core Germans.  They are actually on a volleyball team with Eli and I.  We actually named our team "The Bloody Americans" despite the fact that we have two Germans on our team.  It is for that reason that we changed our name to "The Bloody Americans, and friends." :)  It is true that Germans are extremely competitive.  For example, Eli and I decided to play them two on two in beach volleyball.  At first we were just screwing around, but then it got serious real fast.  They were actually beating us by a few points about half way through the game.  This caused them to start a chant about their country that sounded something like this "We are the Germans! We are the Germans!"  It sounded horrible and kinda pissed Eli and I off.  In the end, the AMERICANS came back and beat the Germans.  And for the rest of the night we chanted "We are the Americans!"  They also like to ATTEMPT to steal girls.

Okay, so next I will talk about the Norwegians.  They are sooooo nice!  I actually know quite of few of them and they are all awesome!  They act pretty similar to the Swedish who are also extremely nice.  They seem to always be smiling.  ALWAYS!  I have met a few awesome girls from Switzerland and they are weirdly nice as well.  They smile and laugh at everything I say.  Great accents as well.  I think everyone smiles a lot more than the Americans!  Except the Russians. haha :)  One of the girls here is a Brazilian and she is the biggest sweetheart ever.  She is always super nice and always happy although sometimes I think she is smiling just because she does not understand what I am saying.  I have already talked a lot about the Australians in a previous post, but they still remain to be super friendly and truly worry free.  Lets actually talk a second about the Americans.  I love everyone, but I don't always "like" everyone.  I don't know why some of the girls from America think they are such hot stuff, but I feel like someone should tell them they are surrounded by beautiful girls from all around the world.  It is definitely easy to tell which guys are from a fraternity.  The "frat boys" and "sorority girls" tend to stick together.  They are nice if you separate them from "the pack," but that is not always easy.  So that is my summary of some of the people of this world.  We will see if my opinion changes, but I thought I would put my thoughts into writing so I can compare at the end. 
"We are the Americans!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment